6 cups Seafood Broth (hot)
1 tsp saffron
2 lbs codfish (cut in bite size pieces)
12 lg sea scallops (cut in quarters)
12 shrimp (with the shells on)
1/2 cup soy chorizo (crumbed)
2 tbsp parsley (chop fine)
7 cloves garlic (chop fine)
2 tbsp sweet paprika
6 tbsp olive oil
1 onion (chop small)
1 red pepper (chop small)
1 green pepper ( chop small)
1 lg tomato (cut up small)
1 bottle pimentos
1 can black olives (sliced)
oregano added to taste
1)Brown the fish in 4 tbsp of olive oil, do not cook through and set aside.
2)Add 2 more tbsp of olive oil and cook the soy chorizo, set aside.
3) In large paella pan, add 4 tbsp of broth and saute onions, peppers,saffron
until soft, then add the tomato.
4)Now add the rest of the seafood broth, bring to boil, add fish and
scallops, but not the shrimp at this time.
5) Add the rice, simmer about 25 min until rice is cooked.
6) Now add Shrimp, and remove from heat when shrimp are cooked. Add chorizo when you add the shrimp.
7) Add Pimentos, and sprinkle with black olive slices.
8) Sprinkle with oregano to taste.
9)Cover for 10-12 min.
* You may need to add water to keep the rice moist while you cook the
Enjoy with a fresh mixed green salad.
Submitted by jahra