Being that I am a native of Philadelphia, I love my cheese stakes, but I do not eat meat.
I make them with Portabella mushrooms.
2 medium Portabella mushroom caps will make one serving.
1. Clean the inside of the mushrooms with a spoon and wash.
2. Cut mushrooms into medium slices.
3. Chop some onions up and hot peppers if you want.
4. Saute onions and peppers in olive oil until they are soft or caramelized.
5. Add the mushrooms and cover until the mushrooms are soft somewhat firm.
For the sauce you can use a stir fry sauce like Korean Teriyaki stir fry sauce.
If you want a real spicy sauce use Szechuan Spicy stir fry. House of Tsang makes the best stir fry sauce.
Use what every type of roll you want and low fat cheese.
Submitted by Suzanne