I do not believe in diets, I believe in eating clean all the time! Although it is completely normal for cravings to fade away after a few months of beginning this lifestyle, it is nice to have a treat once in a while-- a healthy treat! For breakfast, I normally have egg whites with spinach, but on rare occassions I am craving something different, something sweet! I came up with a recipe that resembles the texture, consistency, and taste of a pancake... But includes all natural, healthy ingredients.
- 1 scoop of Protein Powder. Note: I have found that different brands of protein powders produce different texture "pancakes." Three I have found the work very well, in my opinon, are as follows:
1) Jay Robb Whey Protein ~ Vanilla
2) SunWarrior Warrior Blend/Raw Protein plant-based ~ Vanilla
3) Rainbow Light's ThinBerry Opti-Curb ~ Cinnamon Twist
- 3 egg whites (you may add one more egg white if you want your pancake to have a more water-y texture)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of dry steel-cut oats
- 1/8-1/4 cup of cottage cheese
- 1/2 of a medium sized banana
- A splash of almond milk for some healthy fat
- And now! For the key ingredient... KALE! Simply put in a few leaves, you will not even taste them at all. If you do not have kale, use a handful of spinach.
- Put the protein powder, the egg whites, the oats, the banana, the almond milk if desired, AND the kale into a high speed blender. (I use the Vitamix)
- Blend until it forms a batter-like consistancy.
- Have a heated pan ready and waiting! Pour your desired amount into the pan.
- Watch it carefully, and flip it when it begins to bubble.
- You may top your protein pancakes with blueberries, strawberries, or even slices of the leftover banana!
- If you want to get a little more creative, add some raw almond butter, honey, or agave nectar!